The Lazy E Arena was established in December 1984, just in time for the ’84 National Steer Roping Finals. From giving Professional Bull Riding its start to the Timed Event Championship of the World, the Lazy E has hosted world champions, world championships and personalities galore. The ownership group has long recognized not only the tremendous facility, but also the importance of the Lazy E’s place in Rodeo and Oklahoma history. The McKinney Family has committed to maintaining the Lazy E as the World?s premier western entertainment facility.
Not just an event facility
Not only is the McKinney Family passionate about the Lazy E Arena but also about the Quarter Horse Racing industry. The Lazy E Ranch and Training Center offers an American Quarter Horse training racetrack, and it is recognized as one of the top Quarter Horse breeding operations in the country. In 2016, the Lazy E Ranch will breed approximately 1,200 mares and foal out more than 200 mares. The ranch also prepares between 450 and 500 head of sale horses each year and represents them at various sales throughout the United States.
- Lance Grave International Barrel Race
- Cinch Timed Event Championship
- Jr Ironman Championship
- Barrel Bash Red Dirt Reining
- Chris Neal’s Future Stars of Calf Roping
- Zoetis AQHA Versatility Ranch Horse World Championship
- National Little Britches Rodeo Finals
- OCA Annual Ranch Rodeo
- All Star Team Roping Finals
- Western Dressage World Championship Show